Eating marijuana-infused edibles is one of the healthiest ways to ingest cannabis. This is an ideal choice for patients seeking relief without smoking. Patients with throat and mouth cancers find this to be the best option. Patients who have trouble sleeping find edibles helpful in sustaining their sleep throughout the night.
It is discrete, effective, and generally safe. Not all edibles are created equally so caution must be taken when eating the edible. Patients must be cautious when dealing with edibles and be informed about how much medicine is in the desired edible. Eating marijuana tends to produce a stronger and much longer-lasting high than smoking. Depending on how much a patient has ingested, edibles can act differently on the same person. If eaten on an empty stomach the edible can be too strong and, at times, irritate the stomach. It is important to be aware of your diet and eating habits because those can effect how the edibles work. Patients who have eaten a large meal before taking the edible have said they felt it was less effective then when they ate lighter meals. Once a patient tries edibles a few times and proceeds slowly with their dosage, they should be able to properly gauge how much or little to ingest to achieve the desired effect.
Do not operate heavy machinery, motor vehicles, boats, or motorcycles while taking edible medication. Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing or caring for an infant. Do be aware of your surroundings and possible hazards, and prepare for your needs before taking medication.
Remember: Edibles can vary greatly in potency. Products often contain multiple doses or lesser doses of medicine. Weight, metabolism, and eating habits can alter dosage effects. Taking medication on an empty stomach can intensify medicinal effects. Learn dosage management that works for you when ingesting cannabis medicine.
If you feel you have eaten too much of a food-based medicine, do not panic, your symptoms will subside within a few hours. Remain calm. Stay hydrated and eat food to help symptoms pass. Edible cannabis is safe and will not cause any long-term toxicity.